Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Super Fast Clean Eating Peanut Sauce Stir Fry

Makes 4 servings
This is my go-to meal when I really don't have time to cook because I know my kids will eat it without complaint and I can basically throw whatever random veggies and protein I have lying around into it. This is more of a method than a recipe so you can easily make it your own. I’ve added 12 oz of cubed extra firm tofu, cooked diced chicken, or cooked diced pork and used brown rice or quinoa from my freezer stash instead of pasta. This meal is plenty filling with just the veggies and peanut sauce but, if you have a lean protein readily available, go ahead and throw it in. 

This was included in my weekly meal plan for THIS week and baby portabella mushrooms were on sale so I threw a package in with my stir fry veggies and used leftover Pineapple Pork Tenderloin as my protein.


Ingredients:
ONE: Spray a large wok or non-stick skillet with cooking spray and dump the veggies in. Cover and cook on medium-high heat for about 10-12 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes or so to prevent sticking.

TWO: Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the directions on the package. Drain and set aside.

THREE: If the peanut sauce is frozen, microwave it for a minute until mostly defrosted. Once the veggies are tender, add the chicken broth and peanut sauce to the pan, turn the heat to low, cover and cook until warmed through.

FOUR: Once the spaghetti is done, place individual servings into bowls (about 1/2 to 1 cup each, you should have a little bit left over). Stir the peanut sauce-veggie mixture and divide it evenly amongst the bowls. 

Freeze the remaining spaghetti in ½ or 1 cup portions using the medium/large portion method to add to your freezer stash.

:)

1 comment:

  1. Just made this one and it was another one where we didn't even wait to sit down to start eating......we just stood in the middle of the kitchen inhaling it hahahahaha.....and then had seconds.....doubled the batch and now i have four meals for the freezer.....woohoo!!!!!

    ReplyDelete