- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 medium red or sweet onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed or minced
- 12 oz sliced Portobello mushrooms, diced
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 15-oz can diced tomatoes
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
TWO: Add garlic, saute for 1 minute, then stir in mushrooms and thyme. Continue to cook over high heat until the mushrooms have softened and given off their juices, 2 to 3 minutes.
THREE: Add tomatoes and cook until the mixture is thick, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve over cooked whole grains or whole wheat pasta.
Freeze leftovers in ¾ cup servings using the medium/large portion method to feed your freezer stash.
Per 3/4 cup serving: 92 Calories, 5g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 10g Total Carbohydrates, 3g Fiber, 5g Sugars, 3g Protein, 238mg Sodium, 1g Cholesterol