This is a very easy dish that you can throw into the crockpot and forget about for the rest of the day. It's especially fast if you already have diced veggies from your freezer stash. Plus, the chicken thighs don't even have to be defrosted. You can throw them right in frozen solid and they will still be perfect come dinner time. This is great for me because, even though I always have a meal plan for the week, I never seem to remember to take the meat out to defrost the night before.
|Look at all those veggies!!|
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp sucanat
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- 2 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 6 oz sliced white mushrooms
- 1 red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 yellow bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 red onion, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and separated into cloves
- 2 cups finely chopped kale
TWO: In a medium bowl whisk together vinegar, rosemary, soy sauce, and sucanat. Add veggies and stir well to coat.
THREE: Dump veggies and remaining sauce into the crockpot on top of the chicken. Cover and cook on low 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5. An hour before serving, stir in the kale and replace the cover. Serve over brown rice or quinoa.
Freeze leftovers in 1-cup portions using the medium/large portions method.
Per Serving: 144 Calories (41 Calories from Fat), 5g Fat, 1g Saturated Fat, 37mg Cholesterol, 93mg Sodium, 13g Total Carbohydrates, 3g Dietary Fiber, 4g Sugars, 14g Protein, 66% DV Vitamin A, 162% DV Vitamin C, 7% DV Calcium, 10% DV Iron