This is from the March/April 2010 issue of Clean Eating Magazine. As you all know, I'm slightly obsessed with CE magazine and I have pretty much loved everything I've ever made out of it but I think this might actually be our favorite recipe. And not just because I recipe tested it and got my quote and picture in the magazine (not that I'm bragging or anything... pg. 37!!) The sauce is delicious! I always make extra to use on wraps and sandwiches.
- 2 tsp fine cornmeal
- 1 lb ball of Whole Wheat Pizza Dough
- 1 ½ cups shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese, divided
- ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cooked and thinly sliced
- ½ medium sweet bell pepper (red, yellow or orange), thinly sliced
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ¼ cup cilantro sprigs, coarsely chopped
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp unsalted peanuts, coarsely chopped
- ½ cup dried unsweetened dates, pitted and chopped, soaked in 3 tbsp hot water for 10 minutes
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 3 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
TWO: Sprinkle cornmeal evenly onto a cast iron pan, pizza stone, or perforated pizza pan. Roll out the dough according to the instructions in THIS post to a 12 to 14-inch diameter and place onto the prepared pan.
THREE: Preheat oven to 475. Spread the Pad Thai Sauce evenly on the pizza dough. Top the sauce with half of the mozzarella, chicken, and pepper. Top with the remaining mozzarella.
FOUR: Bake the pizza in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the mozzarella is melted. Remove from the oven and slice into 8 wedges (definitely slice it first before sprinkling with the other ingredients otherwise it's next to impossible to cut). Sprinkle entire pizza with bean sprouts, cilantro, green onion, and peanuts. Serve immediately.
Per slice - 225 Calories, 7g Fat, 1.5g Saturated Fat, 28g Carbs, 4g Fiber, 10g Sugars, 14.5g Protein, 221mg Sodium, 19.5mg Cholesterol